Why should I fear the darkest hour
Why should I fear the darkest hour,
or tremble at the tempter’s power?
Jesus is pledged to be my tower.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
2. Though hard the fight, why quit the field?
Why must I either run or yield,
since Jesus is my mighty shield?
3. I do not know what lies ahead,
from where will come my daily bread;
by Jesus’ grace I’m always led.
4. Though sin would fill me with distress,
the throne of grace I dare address,
for Jesus is my righteousness.
5. Though faint my prayers and cold my love,
my trust from God shall not remove
while Jesus intercedes above.
6. Against me earth and hell combine,
but on my side is power divine;
Jesus is all, and he is mine!
Praise! Online is the newest and easiest way to get all the available Praise! resources and to keep up-to-date with new additions and features.
It includes a regular supply of recent hymns, songs and newly commissioned items, along with support for your musicians.