The powers of kings
The powers of kings, their robes and rings,
are gone for ever;
resounding names and boastful claims—
their day is over.
2. Palace and throne and jewelled crown
by fire and blood, and sand and mud—
all now forsaken.
3. Such was their state this world calls great
yet small their merit;
what hope of health or lasting wealth
shall we inherit?
4. God’s strangest plan required one Man,
despised and lonely;
he is the way; our hopes today
rest on him only.
5. Beneath the sky they raised him high
he paid our debt, whom this world met
6. Yet Jesus lives and reigns, and gives
love beyond measure;
if we believe, we shall receive
Praise! Online is the newest and easiest way to get all the available Praise! resources and to keep up-to-date with new additions and features.
It includes a regular supply of recent hymns, songs and newly commissioned items, along with support for your musicians.