Thorne, Edward Henry
b Cranborne, Dorset 1834, d Maida Vale, W London 1916. A chorister at St George’s Windsor (under G J Elvey qv), he became the deputy and then organist at Henley Parish Ch from 1853, and Chichester Cathedral, 1865–70. After other appointments he moved to London, where his playing of Bach’s music at St Anne’s Soho made him well-known. Lambeth MusD 1913. No.857.