b Fraustadt, Silesia (now Wschowa, SW Poland) 1584, d Oberprietschen, Posen (now Przyczyna Go¯ rna, Pozna´n, W Poland) 1635. After studying theology, philosophy and music at Frankfurt-an-der-Oder, he became Cantor at Schgmiegel (Smigiel). He went on to further study at Helmstedt and Wittenberg, and was then appointed Cantor of the Zum Kripplein Christi Lutheran Ch at Fraustadt in 1609, where he also taught in the parish school. In 1614 he became pastor in the nearby parish of Oberprietschen, where he remained until his death, to be succeeded by his son and grandson. Among his work are two 5-part settings of a hymn by Herberger (1615) and 2 wedding songs (1614 and 1619). No.407.